MNPN Pray without Ceasing #109
BELOVED (seek to do God's will)
(John 6:17, 6:38; 1Thess 5:16-18; 1Pet 2:15, 3:17)
"Not my will, but Yours, be done"
Jesus said, "For I have come down from heaven to do the will of God who sent me, not to do my own will." (Jn 6:38, NLT).
we continue to imitate Christ, seeking earnestly to do the Father's will
we may, by His power, consecrate ourselves entirely to His will, knowingly and willingly, for His will must and will be done
we may begin by a willing and whole-hearted keeping ofGod's word
- our spiritual leaders may be led deeper into the fellowship and Christlikeness; for God's sure guidance and strength in their lives
- We continue to lift up our brothers and sisters who face injustice and suffer for the name of Christ: for patient and overcoming faith to withstand difficulties, unity among various evangelical groups, be encouraged and continue to share the Good News despite the restrictions
- NIGERIA – The Christians are in need of prayer as they face attacks by radical Muslims. Radical Islamists belonging to the group Boko Haram are continuing their onslaught of Christians in Nigeria.(http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/world/2012/July/Prayer-Urged-as-Nigerian-Christians-Killed/)
- Most recently, the group claimed responsibility for an attack on Christian villages in the city of Jos that left 58 people dead.
- Despite Boko Haram's ongoing violence and continued vows to rid Nigeria of its Christians, the U.S. government has not classified the sect as a terrorist organization.
- The Christian Association of Nigeria said more must be done by the United States and other world leaders to stop Boko Haram's "holy war."
Instead, I want to see a mighty flood of justice,
an endless river of righteous living. (Am 5:24, NLT)
Continue to pray:
- for a clean & fair electoral system, that the government will be open and willing to work with the rakyat on electoral reform
- for wise leadership so that the nation will not fall; for righteous counselors so that there will be safety in the land (Prov 11:14)
- that our leaders, at federal, state & local levels, abhor wrongdoing of all kinds and build their leadership on justice
- against the spirit of those who continue to play racial card for political expediency
- the raykat: to grow in maturity and increase ability to discern god and evil; to speak the truth with courage; that they too may experience the grace with true joy.
- For the people in Mali, especially the children (http://uk.news.yahoo.com/mali-children-raped-maimed-recruited-armed-groups-123429232.html)
UNICEF said in a statement that evidence collected since the end of March, when Islamists and other armed groups seized the northern half of Mali, showed at least 175 boys aged between 12 and 18 had been recruited into armed groups.
The agency also noted that at least eight girls were raped or sexually abused. Two boys were killed by explosive devices and another 18 children maimed.
Theophane Nikyema, UNICEF's representative in Mali, said that in addition to this, some 300,000 children had been affected by the closure of schools and were at higher risk of recruitment, violence and exploitation.